One of the most common questions we get from vending machine distributors has to do with stocking strategies. Today we’re going to address our tried and tested plans for the top five must-have drinks in your beverage vending machine, and explain why we’ve made each recommendation.
- Water. Unsurprisingly, water is our number one suggestion for beverage sales. However, it is up to you to determine whether your client market would respond best to a traditional mid-range water brand, a high-end water selection, or a value-driven option.
- Sports Drinks. These are another perennial favorite for many of our vending machine distributors, as sports drinks can be marketed to young people, active adults, or any health conscious drinkers. But again, as a vendor, you have a choice of whether to include general hydration recovery sports drinks or more niche items like protein infused selections.
- Juices. This category includes everything from pure fruit juices to sugary sweetened lemonades so, as with all our other suggestions, you have options based on your market research.
- Upscale Beverages. Our experience has shown that, in the right market, options like coconut waters, aloe drinks, even milks and other deluxe drinks can be very profitable, provided there is a balance of other options available as well.
- Soda. It would be a challenge to find a vending customer who isn’t expecting to find at least one pop beverage in the machine at any time. However, in spaces particularly linked with healthier lifestyles–like hospitals–or locations where soda is prohibited–as in some schools–soda may not be an advisable option. This category may or may not encompass energy or other caffeinated options. If you do go the soda route, we recommend having multiple options, including diet selections.
Keep in mind that these suggestions are based on a wide array of experience in many different markets. It is possible that your location may have different needs, so feel free to make adjustments based on analytics of your previous and current sales history. To learn about the U-Select-It cold beverage vending machines offered, visit our website. For more ideas on how to drive your vending machine business forward, explore our blog.