Having your own business is a wonderful feeling, and knowing that your business–and the people who stand behind it – are committed to a better environment can make you feel even better. Whether you have a single soda vending machine or a network of multi-product machines, you want to do your part to help the environment. USI is committed to environmentally responsible vending, and here are just a few of the ways we’re demonstrating that commitment:
At our business:
- We incorporate recycling for paper, aluminum, steel, plastic bottles and other recyclables.
- We’re taking steps to improve our energy usage, including a transition to high-efficiency equipment that uses less energy.
In our products:
- Our designs use state-of-the-art advanced technology to minimize environmental impact and increase product value.
- We employ a “green” painting system using environmentally controlled booths that are 99.9% efficient in reclaiming unused paint and recycling it with new paint for coating of follow on parts a multi-stage pre-wash process that recycles the water for multiple uses
- Our new models for refrigerated and frozen products use a specially developed VOC-exempt blowing agent featuring zero ODP (Ozone Depletion Potential) and zero GWP (Global Warming Potential).
- We’re committed to refurbishing snack vending machines and drink vending machines when possible to extend their lives and keep them out of the waste cycle for as long as possible.