Held on July 25th and 26th, the 2017 Fly-In drew some 300 members for a day of orientation and another of action. Last year’s Fly-In attracted 275 industry advocates.
Founded in 1936, NAMA is the association representing the $25 billion U.S. convenience services industry. With more than 1,100 member companies – including many of the world’s most recognized brands – NAMA provides advocacy, education and research for its membership.
NAMA senior director and counsel, government affairs Sandy Larson welcomed the group and introduced Amy Showalter, principal of the Showalter Group (Washington), an expert in legislative advocacy, to offer informed insights into speaking with lawmakers.
The goal for the 2017 NAMA Fly-In was to:
- Make a difference on issues impacting the vending and refreshment services industry
- Help establish or strengthen relationships between NAMA members and Members of Congress
- Gain a unique perspective on how federal policies are developed in Washington, D.C.
- Have an opportunity to help shape policies that affect your business
- Develop relationships with influential Congressional lawmakers and staff
- Gain invaluable experience as an advocate for the vending and refreshment services industry
The first day’s activities culminated in a dinner keynoted by U.S. Chamber of Commerce senior vice president and national political director Rob Engstrom, who offered an informed perspective on the present political situation.
NAMA advocates and industry delegates expressed their concern about three issues which remain problematic not only for vending but for small businesses in general. They are:
- The need to revise the tax code
- Reform the procedure by which regulations are implemented
- Extend the deadline for compliance with the FDA’s front-of-pack calorie labeling requirement
Heidi Chico, Jerry Parle, and Ashley Huber, represented U-Select-It at the 2017 NAMA DC Fly-In.
No matter where in the world your business is located, the vending machines supplied by U-Select-It are perfect for expanding the reach of your brand and bringing in additional revenue.
For all of your vending machine needs, U-Select-It is here for you. Contact us today with any questions you may have.